sábado, 10 de abril de 2010

John Vines

Yesterday (09/04/2010) I sent an e-mail asking John Vines, Joanna Griffin, Rita Cachao and Taslima Begum to write a report about the draws they made on last 'No Doctor's meeting', Wednesday, April 7 2010. Here, the text John Vines sent me:
-----------------------------------------------------
9 April 2010, 16:04
Hi Clarissa,

Trying to get my mind back to when I was drawing the image...

I was thinking about the idea of the systems thinking you had introduced and how that related to my own perspective on design, which is always struggling to understand the relations between the organic (or the human) and the artificial (or the technologicaly). I started off my trying to think of air flowing through a directed passage; from this a jet fighter emerged somehow. The human pilot in this situation is indescribably in common language terms as a psychology, as an organic being and as a definable being; the shadowy figure presents no more than a question mark. This is not to favor the technological over the organic, however, as the technology and organic act together as a transparent system. hence why there are trees and rivers growing on the side of the plane! Hmmm.....

John.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário